What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read the time in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the site, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your computer is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you want to access a site you visited before.
How can I disable cookies?
You can change your browser to turn off cookies through a very simple procedure. Warning: disabling cookies is username password that will no longer be stored on the login box on the site.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the “Alt” key
3. In the toolbar at the top of your browser, go to “Tools” then “Options”
4. Then select the “Privacy” tab
5. Go to “Settings History” and then click “Use custom settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on “Tools” then “Internet Options”
3. Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow it all)
4. Then click on OK
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the “Tools”
3. Select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”
4. Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”
5. In the “Cookies” you can clear the cookies and save your preferences
1. Open Safari
2. Select “Preferences” in the toolbar, and then select the panel “Security” in the dialog box that follows
3. In the “Accept Cookies” you can specify whether and when to save Safari cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (denoted by a question mark)
4. For more information on cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show Cookies”